PechaKucha Night Manchester #18
PechaKucha Night Manchester Vol. 18 - Rapha x PechaKucha
PechaKucha Night Manchester Vol. 18 is going on a tour!
Rapha and PechaKucha Night Manchester are teaming up for a very special mini-PechaKucha as part of Rapha Rides, celebrating road cycling in the north west.
Look out for talks by single speed cycle tourer, Markus Stitz, and others, all of whom are taking the PechaKucha 20x20 challenge: 20 slides, 20 seconds per slide, no stopping. The race is on.
For the evening, we're taking over the event space at Rapha's beautiful cafe on St Ann's Square.
Tickets are incredibly limited so make sure you don't miss out. As it's a mini-PechaKucha the tickets are a bit cheaper and because it's a celebration, Rapha are throwing in a free drink for all attendees! Not only that, attendees can get access to an exclusive 20% discount on purchases made on the night. Don't say we don't spoil you.
- Markus Stitz - Founder - Capital Trail and Bikepacking Scotland and the first person to cycle the world single speed
- Georgie Wood - Founder, Wood Wood Culture Club
- Sean Sutton - Photographer, MAG International Communications Manager
- Jon Gildea - Paracyclist for British Cycling and double world champion at the 2017 UCI Paracycling Track World Championships
- Holly Carter - Cyclist, Manchester Wheelers
- Peter Butterfield - Founder, Butterfield Bicycles
Finally a massive thank you to PechaKucha alumni and awesomer-in-chief, LJB Studio, for designing our brilliant programme.
About Rapha Clubhouse Manchester
Manchester loves cycling and with miles of spectacular riding on its doorstep in the Peak District and Cheshire Lanes it is easy to understand why.
The Rapha Clubhouse is spread over three floors in its home tucked discreetly behind St Ann’s Church. This is the only Clubhouse with a mechanic’s workshop. Upstairs is a café serving the finest food, coffee and a wide range of Rapha products and an exhibition space called The Gallery is on the floor above that, and has hosted many exhibitions including Bradley Wiggins’s personal memorabilia collection.
The Rapha Clubhouse hosts regular rides for both customers interested in taking their cycling to the next level and Rapha Cycling Club (RCC) members. Events such as film screenings, exhibitions and book launches are also regular features.
About PechaKucha Night Manchester
PechaKucha Night Manchester was relaunched in June 2016 by a new team after an eighteen month hiatus.
This is our fifth PechaKucha following a string of successful events. We are indebted to the support of Manchester’s creative scene coming along as speakers and audience members as well as our previous hosts, SpacePortX, Ziferblat, The Wonder Inn and Neo. Most importantly, thank YOU for keeping us going!
PechaKuchas will continue take place every three months at venues across Manchester. Our mission is to feature a high calibre of creatives, designers, artists and community projects from the city and the North.
If you want to know more:
- Subscribe to the Manchester page on the PechaKucha website here:
- Sign up to the mailing list:
- Follow us on social media:
- Watch our previous talks:
- The event description was updated. Diff#275318 2017-09-05 19:20:49
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM BST
Standard SOLD OUT £6.00
- Venue Address
- 5 St Ann's Passage, Manchester M2 6AD United Kingdom
Entrance is on the corner of Charlotte Street and Faulkner Street.